"If you're looking for a quick and easy way to monitor your network traffic, this cross-platform app written in Rust definitely passes the Sniff Test" - stated GitHub itself in a tweet
Sniffnet is a network monitoring tool to help you easily keep track of your Internet traffic.
What is Sniffnet?
Whether you want to gather statistics, or you need to inspect more in depth what's going on in your network, this app will get you covered.
What makes Sniffnet unique?
Sniffnet is a technical tool, but at the same time it strongly focuses on the overall user experience: most of the network analyzers out there are cumbersome to use, while one of Sniffnet's cornerstones is to be usable with ease by everyone.
Furthermore, Sniffnet is completely free and open-source, dual-licensed under MIT or Apache-2.0: if you are interested you can find the full source code on GitHub.
Last but not least, this application is totally developed in Rust: a modern programming language to build efficient and reliable software, emphasizing performance and safety.
What can I do with Sniffnet?
- 🏷️ select a set of filters to apply to the observed traffic
- 📖 view overall statistics about your Internet traffic
- 📈 view real-time charts about traffic intensity
- 🌐 get details about domain names and network providers of the hosts you are exchanging traffic with
- 🏠 identify connections in your local network
- 🌍 discover the geographical location of the remote hosts
- ⭐ save your favorite network hosts
- 🔉 set custom notifications to inform you when defined network events occur
- 🎨 choose the style that fits you the most from 4 different available themes
- 🕵️♂️ inspect each of your network connections in real time
- 📁 save complete textual report with detailed information for each network connection:
- source and destination IP addresses
- source and destination ports
- carried protocols
- amount of exchanged packets and bytes
- initial and final timestamp of information exchange
- ... and more!